In this full day workshop, the editor-in-chief of smashing magazine, Vitaly Friedman, will present practical techniques, clever tricks and useful strategies one needs to be aware of when working on any responsive design project. Most of these techniques are borrowed or learned from mid-size large scale real-life projects.
Vitaly will introduce theories and ideas for dealing with common problems, and attendees will be assigned small tasks so they can experiment for themselves with these techniques. This will involve a mixture of both individual and group work. There will be plenty of time allocated for discussions, to make sure everyone understands how they can apply what they’ve learned to their specific working environment.
Thursday, 19th March, 2015
Friday, 20th March, 2015
Thursday, 19th March, 2015 at 10:00
Friday, 20th March, 2015 at 17:00
- What will you learn?
- Effective tools and techniques that can support and enhance the workflow when working on any responsive design project
- An overview of clever practical techniques for improving UX as well as performance of responsive sites
- Front-end strategies for scalable, resolution-independent and maintainable CSS code
- Responsive design patterns and innovative approaches to designing responsive modules such as tables, calendars, multi-level menus, maps and web forms
- Testing, debugging and maintenance techniques for responsive sites as well as lessons learned from Smashing Magazine’s own redesign and performance optimizations
- How to optimize responsive websites for better mobile UX, offline UX and print
- How the design processes should adapt in terms of the project management, deliverables, performance budgets, team organization and strategy.
This workshop is intended for professional designers, developers and everybody else who is dealing with responsive design regularly or wants to have a better understanding of responsive design in general. The participants should at least be familiar with the basics of responsive design, HTML, and CSS.
To get the most of the workshop, it is recommended you carry a laptop along with the preferred text editor.
For more information on registration and tickets, please visit http://2015.uxmunich.com/